Keleeravam Kathakali Association 1st Anniversary
We are glad to inform you about the launch of our major objectives, which are health insurance scheme for deserving artists (Ayur-ravam), and a Kathakali demonstration campaign for educational institutions (IMPACT 10000). The launch of these two objectives will be done on 3rd November, 2012 when Keleeraravam celebrates its first anniversary at Thiruvananthapuram. We cordially invite you to this event of medical insurance program launch, and there after a glittering Kathakali and demonstration throughout the night.
In late 2010, a group for Kathakali formed in Facebook, which is currently the most popular fraternity of Kathakali aesthetes, scholars and artists in the social networking world. The group shared Kathakali experiences and appreciations, photographs and videos of Kathakali. Several serious creative discussions had happened around these shared experiences. One of the ideas that came out of these discussions was about promoting Kathakali as a social art with the support of the Kathakali Group in Facebook. The response coming from members of various part of the world was quite encouraging. After several rounds of discussions and brainstorming through the internet media like Facebook, Skype etc, the group decided to create a formal organization. We named it “KELEERAVAM”, a global forum, registered as non-profit organization in Kerala, bloomed for endorsing the art and artists of Kathakali.
Keleeravam had launched it’s first event with a full night Kathakali on 17th December, 2011 with a luminous participation of over 50 Artists at Edappally Changampuzha park, Ernakulam. In the event, we declared our vision which is detailed under the next section. The prime event had the participation of high profile professionals belonging to various fraternity from all over the world including USA, UK, Canada, Europe, Far East, Middle East & Africa along with our participants from all over India.
The Vision and Mission of Keleeravam
Promoting Kathakali as a Social Art: We all know the fact that despite being the iconic art form of Kerala, Kathakali is still far behind as far as significant audience presence is concerned.
- Keleeravam would initiate to promote Kathakali in various wedges of the society irrespective of caste, creed, religion, sex and age.
- Keleeravam will generate more audience for Kathakali by holding more and more workshops, Lectures and Demos for young students at schools & Colleges, Social Gatherings, Shopping malls, Housing colonies etc. We envisage to do such programs through our mission called KAFY (Kathakali for Youth). As part of KAFY, the launching series is named as IMPACT 10000 which targets to build 10000 new Kathakali enthusiasts in a 2 year period.
- Keleeravam is determined to go more beyond territories and plans to conduct performances and workshops throughout India and various parts of the world in coming years.
- We would provide more and more stages for upcoming artists to enhance their livelihood. We follow strict guidelines and procedures to ensure that youth gets sufficient participation in each event.
Helping Hand to Artists: Aiming the welfare of the professional artists and supporting artists with new socio–welfare schemes for supporting their living standards.
- 10-20% of the total income of Keleeravam will be contributed to our “Kshema Nidhi” – a Welfare fund for Ailing Artists or old aged veterans who lived with this Art.
- The first and foremost objective of Keleeravam in the calendar year 2012 is to start a medical insurance scheme for Kathakali artists supported by the “Kshema Nidhi” of Keleeravam. The scheme is named as “Ayur-ravam”.
In short, Keleeravam visualizes a massive promotional program for Kathakali throughout the world along with lending our helping hands to the most deserving artists and their supporting families. Ultimately. the enduring vision of Envisioned Social Kathakali should all well be depicted.
Date : 03/NOV/2012 Time : 03 : 00 PM
Inauguration of Keleeravam First Anniversary Celebration - Kanayi Kunhiraman
Inauguration of Ayur-Ravam (Health Insurance Scheme for Artists) - Shri Nedumudi Venu
Inauguration of IMPACT 10000 (Kathakali Lecture Demonstration Program) - Shri Margi Vijayakumar (Principal , Margi Theatre)
05:15 PM to 06:15 PM
Kathakali Lecture Demonstration Program by Keleeravam Demo Team
06:30 PM to 04/NOV/2012 Early morning
Stories : Nalacharitham Monnam Divasam, Rajasooyam, Kiratham
Participants : Padmabhooshan Madvoor Vasudevan Nair, Kottackal Chandrasekhara Warrier, Nelliyodu Vasudevan Namboodiri, Kalamandalam Narayanan Nair, Kalamandalam Raman Namboodiri, Haripriya namboodiri and 30 other artists.
Keleeravam welcomes like-minded individuals to support its activities. Please contact +919995716324 for more details or email to email@example.com.